Saturday, February 21, 2009

Three New Paintings

"Waiting"
5" X 7" Canvas Panel

"The Lady in Green"
5" X 5" Linen Masonite Panel

"A Pair of Pears"
5" X 5" Linen Masonite Panel

I have been painting up a storm lately since I received my new linen covered masonite panels in the mail. The painting surface is fantastic and it has made painting a joy! The Pair of Pears took one day to complete and I love how it turned out. the linen masonite panels measure 5" X 5" and I used high quality acrylic paint. I like acrylics best, because they are easy to work with, and you don't have to wait for the paint to dry ( I don't like to wait.) I seal my paintings with acrylic sealer, so if a painting gets dusty or alittle grimy, it is easy to wipe clean with a damp, dry washcloth.
The above paintings are listed in my Etsy shop, waiting to find new homes and to be enjoyed.
The first painting is of a small child waiting by a dirty window. Who is he waiting for? His Mother? Father? Why does he look so sad? Is he home alone? You can see the light on in the background. How long has he been waiting there? I love paintings where you can use your imagination, a painting that can tell a story, just by looking at it. I'm proud of my other two painting, but this one has become my favorite painting so far. I try not to have favorites, but I am human.


No comments: