Thursday, December 24, 2009

Life Changes



I haven't posted on my blog since March. Life has been ever changing for my husband and I. We still live on our beautiful farm here in Tennessee, and have our little zoo, consisting of our two quarter horses, and our Lucky dog. We now have two cats and three kittens. Our Doxie Molly still keeps us laughing, she is our cuddle baby, and sometimes our little brat. We have spoiled her, but we love this little rascal.

My husband is now retired and loving it. He enjoys puttering around on our farm, and working on the house. We have a wood stove in our living room, thanks to my husbands handy work. I love the wood stove, it warms the living room quickly, and smells good. I love the smell of wood burning in it. It is so cozy! We have reduced our gas bill by 75%!

I have a new job, I work as a LPN in Clinical Trials, at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville, TN. I LOVE my job, I mainly work in the lab there, doing venipunctures, Ports, PICC Lines, and IV Heplocks, for our Cancer patients. I also do EKG's and Vital signs for our Clinical Trial patients. Besides that my co-worker in Clinical Trials and I work in the Infusion Lab processing the blood test tubes for Clinical Trials.

The job keeps us very busy, but I enjoy my work and I like being busy. It is so easy to become attached to our patients. We see them almost every week, sometimes more than once during the week. We know when we are seeing someone less often, then we worry about them. It can be very emotional work, and sometimes it is hard, due to the fact that some people do die, yet it can be so rewarding. We have seen miracles happen, and that is a wonderful reward for the work that everyone in our Cancer Center does each day. I love the MIRACLES!

No comments: